BNY Mellon has been serving clients in Canada for 30 years and has had a physical presence in the country since 1983. We currently maintain offices in Toronto, London (Ontario), Calgary, Halifax, Montreal and Vancouver and provide a comprehensive range of services in asset servicing, asset management, corporate trust, investment services, wealth management, treasury services and technology.
- The Bank of New York Mellon, Toronto branch, provides Cash Management and Treasury services in Canada to corporate and institutional customers in both Canadian and US currencies. We offer demand deposit accounts and a variety of services to assist clients in improving the collection of their receivables and the efficiency of their payables.
- CIBC Mellon is owned jointly by The Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC). Founded in 1996, CIBC Mellon is a Canadian company exclusively focused on the investment servicing needs of Canadian institutional investors and international institutional investors into Canada. CIBC Mellon’s investment servicing solutions for institutions and corporations are provided in close collaboration with BNY Mellon and CIBC, and include custody, multicurrency accounting, fund administration, unitholder recordkeeping, pension services, securities lending services, foreign exchange settlement and treasury services.
- BNY Mellon Corporate Trust, through BNY Trust Company of Canada, provides global trust and agency services to Canadian issuers interested in tapping the global capital markets, as well as Global Issuers looking to issue in the Canadian domestic capital markets. In early 2010, BNY Trust Company of Canada acquired the corporate trust business of CIBC Mellon Trust Company, more than doubling its share of the corporate trust market in Canada and expanding its leadership position in a number of key segments. CIBC Mellon Trust Company is a joint venture created by Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce and BNY Mellon.
- BNY Mellon Wealth Management, Advisory Services* is a leading provider of highly specialized investment solutions for Canada's wealthiest individuals, families and institutions. Drawing on the strengths and global resources of BNY Mellon, we remain independent in our thinking, unbiased in our advice and transparent in our approach.
- BNY Mellon Asset Management, Canada, oversees the distribution of investment services offered by BNY Mellon's affiliated Investment management boutiques. With more than $26 billion*** managed across its specialist managers, BNY Mellon Asset Management is recognized as one of the leading investment management organizations in Canada.
- Pershing Securities Canada Limited, an affiliate of Pershing LLC, a BNY Mellon company was established in 2010 to provide a full array of execution, clearing and custody services to the Canadian investment community and to Pershing's global customer base. Pershing was approved as a member by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) in 2011 and became a member of the Toronto Stock Exchange in 2012.
- Eagle Investment Systems, a subsidiary of BNY Mellon, is committed to helping financial institutions worldwide grow assets efficiently with its innovative portfolio management suite of data management, investment accounting and performance measurement solutions that are delivered over its secure private cloud, Eagle ACCESSSM. Since 1989, Eagle has deployed trusted solutions and services that help create operational efficiencies and help reduce complexity and risk.
BNY Trust Company of Canada ("BNY") is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
* BNY Mellon Wealth Management, Advisory Services is a registered mark of BNY Mellon Wealth Management, Advisory Services, Inc.
BNY Mellon Asset Management Canada Ltd. is registered in Canada as a Portfolio Manager and Exempt Market Dealer in all provinces, and as an Investment Fund Manager in Ontario.
BNY retains affiliated and non-affiliated service providers to perform certain of its business functions, including the processing and maintenance of customer and personal information. BNY requires that all such service provider maintain in confidence all customer and personal information maintained and processed by them. These service providers may be located outside of Canada. In the event a service provider is located in a foreign country, customer and personal information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that foreign country in accordance with the laws of that country.
**As of December 31, 2012
***As of December 31, 2017